“Life is a perspective and for me, if a human being has access to school, clean water, food, proper health care, that is the basis of human rights.” — Gelila Bekele
Every human being has a right to clean water. Today, as we celebrate World Water Day, watch this video to see how Nicaragua is addressing the needs for clean water.
World Water Day 2014
Spread These Messages
Five Tips for Raising Water Towers
1. Think creatively. When one lives on a primitive island that lacks cranes and pulleys, it helps to think outside of the well when raising a tall water tower.
2. Be Positive. Marvin said, “Don’t worry! I’ve raised water towers many times. I never use machinery.” Also, it helps to be a good boss using clear directions.
3. Have a basic knowledge of physics. Plus, it helps to have strong ropes, thick gloves, and many strong men.
4. Know when to let go and NOT to let go of the ropes. It could save lives.
5. Celebrate the raising of the water tower! Gaseosa! Coca Cola!
Enjoy the video of Marvin Raising the Water Tower. It was an amazing feat of strength and ingenuity.
The Water Tower from Debbie Goehring on Vimeo.