“Life is short. If you doubt me, ask a butterfly. Their average life span is a mere five to fourteen days.” ~ Ellen DeGeneres
I made my bucket list when I was 21 years old. I had a Nothing Journal ( if you are a Baby Boomer, you may remember the Nothing Journals) where I would sketch my longings and desires. Included in my sketches:
1. A cabin in the woods….check
2. A loving heart…check
3. A marriage certificate…check (We’ve been married
37 38 years)
4. A backpacking trip and travel, travel, travel…check
5. An advanced degree…check
7. A peace sign…still working on that one
8. A tropical island…check
9. A Datsun Z…never got that car
10. A St. Bernard…never got a St.Bernard either, but I’ve had numerous pets
My bucket list included living without regrets, always taking a second chance, and learning to forgive. Now that I’m officially retired, my bucket list is shorter, and so is life.
Below are two highlights I crossed off my bucket list.
Olive Ridley Turtle Arribada This Olive Ridley is burying her eggs in a downpour.
Monarch butterfly sanctuary near Ocampo, Mexico.
If you were a butterfly for a day, what would you put on your bucket list?