The Weekly Photo Challenge is Quest
“Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
This is a perfect photo challenge for me because my blog focuses on cultural diversity and cultural immersion. My quest for cultural diversity and cultural immersion plopped me smack dab in the middle of an all Spanish-speaking community in the middle of Nicaragua, in the middle of a giant sweet sea, in the middle of Central America.
What have I learned in my quest for cultural immersion in Nicaragua?
I’ve learned that there is significant diversity in religious beliefs and practices. As a result, I am more informed, tolerant, and appreciative of various religions. I feel a deeper and thoroughgoing appreciation of the different religions; their infinite variety becomes a source of fascination and enrichment for me.
I’ve learned that children are children throughout the world. They all want to belong, to be loved, and to be appreciated for their unique qualities.
- The Best Water Therapy Resort on Ometepe Island
- How to Avoid ATM Fees When Living Abroad
- How to Get Absentee Ballots for U.S. Citizens
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Living on the Edge
- Our Road Less Traveled
- Let’s Get Real About Consumer Protection Rights in Nicaragua
- One Historic Moment on Ometepe Island
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Framed in Nicaragua
- The Power of Focus