….that’s how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
Perhaps “Anthem” by Leonard Cohen, which took him a decade to write, is the most meaningful message for our troubled world today. In honor of the life of Leonard Cohen, my photos of New Zealand bring me comfort and solace along with his lyrics.
There is a crack…a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
The birds they sang at the break of day…start again…I seem to hear them say…do not dwell on what has passed away…or what is yet to be.
I can’t run no more with that lawless crowd…ah, but they’ve summoned, they’ve summoned up a thundercloud…and they’re going to hear from me.
There’s a crack…a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
Every heart, every heart to love will come but like a refugee
Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in. That’s how the light gets in.
- Is Nature a Person?
- How We Lost Saturday
- We’re Leaving Our Babies
- Home Invasions with Pork Legs!!!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Beacon of Home
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Life Watching the Water
- An Update on Our Plunge Pool
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Living a Life of Nostalgia
- Let’s Get Real About Transparency and Donations