“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
One day tourism is booming, my local neighborhood friends are buying taxis, expanding hotels, and competing for wealthier tourists who have recently discovered Nicaragua. Literally, the next day tourism is dead, taxis are repossessed, hotels close, and my friends are struggling to make sense of it all.
People ask us all the time if we will return to Nicaragua. Now that Ron is cancer free (after a long, dark winter of treatment), we think we know the answer, but life altering changes happened so quickly that we don’t trust visions of our future anymore.
- A Wheelbarrow Full of Kindness
- Comparing Cost of Living in USA and Nicaragua: It will surprise you!
- Rewiring and Reclaiming
- Travel Apps, Maps, and More Bang for Your Travel Bucks
- Reverse Culture Shock
- Part Two: Collective Mentality
- Part One: Opposition or Enemy?
- Coming Home?
- Not my Circus! Not My Monkeys!