I wrote this when we lived on Ometepe Island six years ago. Stay tuned for the latest version…You Know You’re Almost There When….
You Know You’re a Gringa When…
January 9, 2005
- you don’t ask, “How much does it cost?”
- you boil your water before you drink it.
- you take a tab of Dramamine before you go grocery shopping in Rivas.
- your refrigerator is full of grape jelly and peanut butter.
- you have a refrigerator
- you throw away leftovers.
- you wear white socks to the black sand beach.
- you throw your toilet paper in the toilet.
- you gather wood for a campfire and whittle sticks to roast marshmallows. But, wait there’s much more..