The Great Escape? Thanks to a comment on my blog by Frizztext, I have to add another Weekly Photo Challenge to my interpretation of escape.
You see, we have an active volcano in our backyard. Ruta de Evacuacion signs are posted all over the island in case Vulcan Concepcion decides to wake up from her three-year hibernation. Yes! You heard right! It’s only been three years since she erupted. These evacuation signs are hysterical. They are posted in every business, along the roads, and even in the cattle fields.
Ron and I are ready, though! We figure that we can kayak off the island until the coast is clear. When Concepcion erupts, she burps ash. It’s scattered like a thin dusting of dirty snow over everything. The great escape? We’re prepared!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape! Go Fly a Kite
- Johnson: A Nicaraguan Giver
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Storytelling Patterns
- Hang In There Faithful Readers
- Weekly Photo Challenge: New Life From Above
- My Husband: The Snake Whisperer
- Nicaragua Ain’t for Sissies
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Parades of Culture
- Faces of Los Ramos
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Heads Up!
- Gargantious Gar
- Raising the Water Tower
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Adapting to Climate Change
- Only Two Racers Arrive Alive