“Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.”
― Charles Dickens
The Weekly Photo Challenge is Grand… a magical, special place…the “wow” factor. After a long stressful trip back to the states, returning to my special island in the middle of a sweet sea, in the middle of Nicaragua, in the middle of Central America is a grand homecoming.
Boarding the ferry for the hour-long trip across the sweet sea, I peek at our active volcano, Concepcion, about 10 miles away.
Ometepe…how I’ve missed you! I zoom in for a grand view.
My island home! How majestic! How grand!
The waves splash against the ferry window, blanketing me with a warm breeze. How refreshingly grand!
The clouds over Concepcion paint a grand vista.
Only 30 more minutes! I’m so excited. It’s a grand, magical island.
Is the airport near our house open yet? I’m anxiously awaiting the grand opening.
The little launcha chugs past our house. Isn’t she grand?
“Almost home,” I shout excitedly as we pass our house.
Life on Ometepe Island is priceless! What a grand homecoming!
- Flights of Fancy
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Stories are Light
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unexpected
- 15 Minutes of Fame
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers of Lava
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Financial Habits…don’t exist in Nicaragua
- Tonight is the Night
- Tiptoeing Through November
- Day of the Dead in Nicaragua
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Eerie Ometepe Island
- Daily Prompt: Trick or Treat
- Black Mold, Toxic Tea
- The Legend of El Chupacabra
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Broaden Your Horizons